Terms and conditions
European Solar Network Press License
Books and articles are published by the European Solar Network Press under the ESNP License defining terms of ESNP publications protection by the copyright.
Under the terms of the ESNP License users may access, download, copy, translate, text and data mine (but may not redistribute, display or adapt) ESNP publications, their content or their parts for non-commercial purposes provided that users:
- Cite the publication using an appropriate bibliographic citation (i.e. author(s), article title, volume, issue, page numbers, DOI, journal of an article or publisher name in case of a book)
- Maintain the integrity of the publication
- Retain copyright notices and links to these licensing terms so it is clear to other users what can and cannot be done with the ESNP publication
- Ensure that, for any content in the publication that is identified as belonging to a third party, any re-use complies with the copyright policies of that third party
Any translations of ESNP publications, for which a prior translation agreement with the ESNP has not been established, must prominently display the statement: “This is an unofficial translation of the publication of the European Solar Network Press. European Solar Network Press has not endorsed this translation.”
For permission to use documents beyond permitted here, ESNP must be contacted in writing (by traditional mail or e-mail). As a general rule, permission must be sought from the ESN being a copyright holder to reproduce any substantial part of a copyrighted work. This includes any text, illustrations, charts, tables, photographs, or other material from previously published sources.
Obtaining permission to re-use content published by ESNP is simple and possible through a written request (by contacting ESNP either by traditional mail or e-mail).
The ESNP License addressing all publications by the ESNP is a non commercial license and the use of ESNP publication for commercial purposes is prohibited. Prohibited commercial purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Copying or downloading publications or linking to such postings, for further redistribution, sale or licensing, for a fee
- Copying, downloading or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content
- The inclusion or incorporation of article content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing, for a fee
- Use of publications or their content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organizations for promotional purposes, whether for a fee or otherwise.
- Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, license, loan, transfer or other form of commercial exploitation.
In case of interest in obtaining a commercial license or entering cooperation agreement with the publisher, please contact ESNP.